Monday, October 17, 2011

Katy's Kids - Reading and Literacy Foundation

My good friend and client - Chrissy Barcus - along with her mom and the Sebastian Corporation have launched "Katy's Kids" a reading and literacy foundation.  We were so honored to make centerpieces for their recent golf tournament and fundraising dinner at Copper River Country Club.


To add a little "flourish" to these simple arrangements I used an old children's book - that was ready for the Goodwill - I took pages from the book and glued them into cylinders.  To each paper "sleeve" I then glued pink ribbon and attached blue or green plastic buttons.  All of the pages I chose were in pastels and complimented the colors of the flowers. 


I think you could use this idea for a baby shower or children's party too.  This way you can use any type of vase and just hide it!

No comments:

Post a Comment