Friday, November 30, 2012

{ ripped fabric skirt for wine barrel }

I saw this so so so cute wine barrel "skirt" at one of our recent weddings.  I didn't make it and I'm not sure who did but I couldn't get it out of my mind.  I recently made one and wanted to share.  Am I the only one that thinks this is so fun? 


Basically I took a piece of twine and tied odds and ends to it.  I had just told my assistant Miriam that I wanted to recycle all of our old ribbons - they were taking over the back part of my office.  You'd only understand this concept if you are a crafter like me.  I CAN NOT throw away ribbon.  If I didn't have a floral business I'd love to have a ribbon store.  Anyway, we have bags and bags of slightly used ribbons.  Instead of recycling them I found one more use...I tied them to my long piece of burlap twine and made this "skirt" for my wine barrel. 

You could do this to hang behind an impromptu photo area, over a bed or even over an old door.  In between various ribbons I tore long strips of cream muslin fabric.  To give it a bit more "scrunch" I also added strips of burlap.

{photo area prop Shannon Garvin wedding}

This barrel was used to hold awesome cupcakes from "Frosted" for a barn party I hosted in November.

{ cupcakes by Frosted, mini silver and gold glitter flag Target}

No comments:

Post a Comment