Monday, February 13, 2012

{ burlap covers for lamps }

Good Monday morning.  We had a wonderful trip this past weekend to the coast with our kids - the only way we relax is when we are out of town and away from our phones - I'm sure many of you can relate. 

Right before we left I made these cool burlap covers for my bedroom lamps and one for our living room lamp.  I had seen this idea in a magazine and really liked it.  I wanted to share it with you because it was easy and inexpensive and I thought someone might like to try it.  Here is a picture of my lamp with its original shade.


Here is the finished lamp with the burlap cover - I think linen would work great too.  I used bias tape in neutral colors and sewed it to the burlap to make a loose tie.  Along the top and bottom edges I just turned the burlap under and sewed it.


This is a small IKEA lamp that I picked up with a very plain and bright white shade - now it is toned down and seems warmer.  We put this small lamp on our fireplace mantel.

No comments:

Post a Comment