Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Decorating for Christmas - Salvaged Iron Topiaries

Our house has an open floor plan for the living and dining areas -- these are the two major areas where we spend most of our time and where I concentrate my decorating energy.  Before the Christmas season, in the dining room, I had two of my silk topiary trees in these cool chocolate urns that I have had for ever.

When I started decorating I decided they needed a major face lift.  So one night I had this "ah ha" moment.  I envisioned old metal wire topiary's where I could close pin our annual Christmas cards.  I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice but I am IN LOVE with these two totally {not-perfect} recycled metal topiary's.  I'm thinking of keeping them all year to hold family snapshots.



Thanks to all our family and friends for sending Christmas cards this year.  Our kids love getting them in the mail and pinning them to these metal trees.


A close up of the urn and wire.  I love the patina of this old chicken wire.


No comments:

Post a Comment