Tuesday, February 7, 2012

{lamp face lift}


My kids and I had a great day yesterday just being home getting "stuff" done.  One of the many decorating projects that I worked on was updating this fun lamp.  I had found this really cool carved lamp last week at Urban Salvage - the owner said she hated it and gave it to me for free!  I told her she just made a customer for life out of me!

My encouragement for you today is to look past bad paint jobs, dirt and grime and look for pieces that are built well and have interesting features.  This lamp happens to be huge, heavy and has some serious charm.  The carving is very unique and goes well with my style.

To update it I gave it several coats of cream spray paint.  Then as luck would have it when I went back to US later that week and found the perfect burlap-ish shade for it - that only set me back 3 bucks -- as you can imagine I am thrilled with my new desk lamp.  And my husband is thrilled it isn't in our living room! 


No comments:

Post a Comment